Welcome to Merlin House
Located in Blue Anchor Bay on the doorstep of Exmoor National Park Merlin House offers three comfortable self catering holiday apartments all Three Star Gold rated and within easy reach of all that the West Country has to offer with plenty of things to do to suit all interests and ages. Both of the ground floor apartments, Applegarth and Lancelot, are dog friendly. All apartments have access to the shared landscaped gardens, hot tub which is open from 16 April until 31 October and BBQ area.
All the apartments enjoy amazing panoramic views over Blue Anchor Bay and the West Somerset Steam Railway across to Dunster, North Hill and Exmoor. Relax in the peaceful and secluded private landscaped gardens, an ideal place to sit with a drink on sunny days or soak up the glorious sunsets over North Hill in the evenings. The outside seating areas make lovely places to eat al fresco and its only a 2 minute walk to the beach!
“Thank you for a lovely stay. It was a beautiful apartment that exceeded our expectations. Hope to be back soon. Thanks.”
“Really enjoyed our stay – massively exceeded expectations! Beautiful part of the world – we got to see the steam trains and even had some sun! Thanks for the biscuits.”
“Fantastic as always, please can we come back. Thank you.”
“Fantastic views, lovely area. Sweet little apartment. Would definitely come back.”
“Very clean and well equipped. Smashing views. Quiet and peaceful. Lovely holiday. Thanks”
“Willow says thanks for the dog blanket. Had a lovely stay, gone too quickly. Very homely accommodation. Thanks.”
“Both us and the dogs were made to feel very welcome from day 1. Amazing accommodation, very peaceful, great scenery and day tip opportunities. Thanks very much.”
“Everything you could need plus some you didn’t know you needed! A warm and welcoming home from home with everchanging views. No matter the weather something for everyone. We have relaxed and re-charged. Sad to go. Will highly reccommend to friends and family. Thank you.”
“Great stay, thank you. Accommodation well provided, great views and a comfy bed. USB points very useful and nice touch – milk, biscuits (including doggie)!”
COVID 19 UPDATE
At last, Merlin House Holiday Apartments is able open its doors to guests and I would just like to reassure you of the actions I will be taking to ensure you have a safe stay. I am a member of the “Safer Stays” programme run by cottages.com and a rigerous cleaning regime is being followed which includes:
- Cleaners will wear facemasks and gloves while cleaning the apartments.
- Anti-viral disinfectant to EN14476 standard will be used to sanitise all surfaces including worktops, tables, remote controls, switches, sockets, cords, door/window handles, plugs, taps, appliances, furniture, keys and fobs.
- Hand wash and anti bacterial/virus surface cleanser will be available in the accommodation.
- Non essential items will be temporarily removed such as board games, DVD’s, hair dryers, cushions and throws so please bring your own.
- Check-in will be after 5.00 pm and check-out by 9.00 am to allow extra time for cleaning and sanitising. Keys will be left inside the accommodation so you can enter on your own. There will be wipeable Information Folder in the apartment which will, I hope, answer any questions you may have. If possible I would ask that you strip your own beds and leave linen in piles on the separate beds on your last morning and remove any rubbish.
- Hot tub and shared outside furniture will be sanitised in accordance with guidance and only one family will be allowed in the hot tub at any one time.
- The laundry room will still be open with hand wash and wipes available. I would ask you to only enter if no one else is in there and wipe all surfaces you are going to touch before handling the equipment.
I will be available on site or on the phone (daytime calls only if possible please) should you need anything but otherwise I will leave you in peace to enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
Looking forward to meeting you, at a distance of course, but in the meantime keep safe and well.